Over the years, customers have asked us many questions when shopping for organic mattresses, bedding, and accessories. Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions (or FAQs) at Soma Organic Mattresses to make everyone’s shopping experience simple, convenient, and of course as easy as possible.
What is an organic mattress?
- An organic mattress is crafted from certified natural and organic materials. All of our organic mattresses feature non biased third party certifications giving credibility, validity, and confidence in every brand we carry to both our sleep consultants and most importantly our customers. Every organic mattress on both our website and our showroom has been manufactured without the use of petroleum based chemicals and flame retardant chemicals.
Are there flammability requirements in Canada?
- There is a flame test for mattresses in Canada and all of our organic mattresses pass both the flammability requirements in Canada and the USA without the use of chemical fire retardants. Our Texel 100% pure virgin wool (certified pH neutral) and our certified organic wool achieve a natural fire barrier for all of our certified organic mattresses.
Do I need to lay down on a mattress to purchase one from Soma?
- You can purchase a mattress from us without trying it in a store. We have been Canada’s leading retailer for organic mattresses and ship all across the country. All you have to do is call our toll free line 1-844-276-2337 or contact us and one of our friendly and knowledgeable sleep specialists will be able to assist you. Nearly all of our certified organic mattresses can be customized for individual comfort, achieve correct spinal alignment, and regulate heat and humidity effectively reducing tossing and turning allowing you to sleep more deeply waking up feeling rejuvenated.
How do I determine which mattress is the right one for me?
- At Soma, the process is a very simple one and we will be with you every step of the way. There are some questions that always need to be asked in order to determine the most ideal sleep surface for every individual. Predominant sleeping position, physical body type, age, weight, height, and any underlying medical conditions help us in deciding which mattress or sleep system is best for you. It is always important to remember that the three basic things a mattress should do for a great night’s sleep which are:
- Relieve pressure
- Give you proper spinal alignment
- Breathe and moisture regulation
Is a foundation required for all of your organic mattresses?
- A proper support foundation is vital for any mattress but this can be achieved many different ways. A matching slat or suspension foundation from one of our quality organic mattress brands will provide the necessary support and air circulation needed for any mattress.